A lot of great things have happened to me in the past few months...and when I say great things, I mean those little things in every day life that make you smile. For some reason these simple pleasures give me an insatiable urge to share what's making me so happy. I literally cannot keep good news to myself. Upon finding Toms shoes this summer at a little Boutique downtown for 75% off, I told so many of my friends about the sale that the store was sold out literally a day later. Whenever I hear music that makes me want to dance, I love to share it with anyone and everyone. I had a random math-lab partner that I mentioned a certain band to, and he downloaded their whole cd that night! My school changed the cafeteria around and it actually looks like a decent cafe now instead of a ghetto dump, and I couldn't help but tell all my friends about it [it really is pretty cool]. I could go on, but basically good news just gets to me, so I always have to find a way to get it to others.
The fact that good news is so hard for me to keep in begs the question, why do I keep in the best news there is? That is, the Gospel. The human race was not lacking Toms, good music, or nice looking cafeterias, but rather a right standing before the God of the universe! And Jesus was the remedy for our grievous sin against Him. He loved God perfectly as we couldn't, and gives His children His status before God-heir of the universe. So I need to remind myself of this amazing news more often so that I can keep it in perspective and be as explodingly excited about the Gospel as I am the things that have no eternal consequence.
So...guess what? I have something cool to tell you :)
Thanks. It's easy to forget sometimes that we know the Message that will save a dying world.
ReplyDelete